The Pigeon Comes to Philadelphia- a Mo Willems Exhibit
Posted on 15 January 2021
June 4, 2021 - September 12, 2021
Visit the whimsical world of Mo Willems and his cast of lovable characters, including best friend duo Elephant and Piggie, faithful companion Knuffle Bunny and The Pigeon, the wily city bird best known for his antics in Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! Activities in the exhibition will give children the opportunity to make art that is inspired by Mo Willems and to learn about the social and emotional lives of the author’s popular characters.
The Pigeon Comes to Atlanta! A Mo Willems Exhibit was co-organized by Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh and The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art.
- Have a hilarious conversation in the voices of Elephant Gerald and Piggie at a double-sided phone booth.
- Make Elephant and Piggie dance with old-time animation.
- Put on a wearable bus and take a drive around the exhibit.
- Spin the laundromat washing machine and uncover Knuffle Bunny and other surprises!
- Dress up Naked Mole Rat and send him down the runway for a one-of-a-kind fashion show.
- Stack lightweight blocks to create their own terrible monster or funny friend.
- Launch foam hot dogs at The Pigeon and play the plinko game to give the Duckling a cookie.
- Try out art techniques that Mo uses for his own books.
4231 Avenue of the Republic
Philadelphia, PA, 19131